With the time change and the arrival of spring, our hours of sun exposure increase. Purchasing sunglasses is therefore essential to properly protect yourself against UV rays. However, lugging two pairs of glasses around can be annoying. That’s why there are photochromic lenses!
This type of lenses is ideal for the different levels of light both inside and outside. Photochromic lenses are clear lenses that react to ultraviolet rays. They therefore possess the ability to change colours depending on the light intensity.
Here are the advantages of photochromic lenses:
- They adapt to environmental changes (indoor, outdoor, high or low brightness).
- They provide greater comfort, since they reduce eyestrain and glare in the sun.
- They are available for most prescriptions.
- They provide daily protection against harmful UV rays, by absorbing 100% of UVA and UVB rays.
- They allow you to stop juggling between your pair of clear glasses and your sunglasses.
- They are available in different colours to suit all needs.
Also, thanks to the latest technology, the speed of colour change has greatly improved. Lenses thus go from dark to light faster, and vice versa. For more information on these lenses, do not hesitate to contact your Opto-Réseau eye care professional.